Friday, May 21, 2021

Friday, May 21, 2021

 

 Mr. Sassman's 4th Grade Class Blog

Weller Elementary School
 



















 
 
Thank you so much Shannon R. for taking these pictures and sending them to me! Again, it was an amazing field trip!

I want to take this opportunity to say a huge and humble thank you for all the cards, notes, and generous gift cards that came in this week. I also love the mugs and Alaskan Native Art! I feel so lucky to have had such an wonderful group of kids this year, and that's because of the roles you play in their lives. I will always remember this cohort as being kind, caring, and most of all, resilient! I look forward to seeing them walking the halls next year, and possibly being able to teach them again! More on that below!
 
This last week was pretty epic...
We squeezed in as much as I could while keeping the sanity. We built scribble bots, finished Robinson Crusoe, and launched Lunar Landers off the roof of the school! The kiddos cleaned out their desks and cubbies, so you should have seen some artwork and school supplies come home yesterday and Wednesday. I hope you liked the space art and island posters!

Moving ahead...
There has been some talk around town (Weller), that I may not be returning next year. Yes, my wife has received a promotion at her work that will require us to move out of state, but I am happy to report that we will be able to stay in Fairbanks for at least another school year so...I look forward to see you and your kiddos next year! No, we do not know what classes look like yet, or which teachers are teaching what grades! We will know more just before the Ice Cream Social in August. See dates below! In the meantime, if you know of any family or friends returning to Weller next year and they have not registered yet, please let them know that the more kiddos we have enrolled (before August), the more teachers and services stay here at our school!

I am working on finalizing grades and report card comments today. Those should be available (online), early next week. In the meantime, you may check using the link provided below.

ACCESS TO PowerSchool (GRADES AND REPORT CARDS)
To view your child's current assignments and grades that have been recorded, report cards, and other grade book information click the following link and log in using your parent credentials: PowerSchool Log In

DATES TO REMEMBER
Monday, August 16, 2021
-Ice Cream Social!

Wednesday, August 18, 2021
-First day of school!

It's a good life!

Mr. Sassman